Friday, September 19, 2008

Drowning in books

UPDATE: Saturday morning, Sept 20th

The Wally Lamb book arrived from Amazon this morning for review (pictured). What a tome! According to the introduction, it's centred around the Columbine massacre in the states.


------

Adrian has requested I read his copy of "War and Peace" (yes, that one) before he vanishes off to Canada with it in November. (Right!)

I have "The Lightness of Being: Mass, Ether, and the Unification of Forces" by Frank Wilczek + Anna Karenina (yes, that one) coming the next day or two.

And the Amazon Vine e-newsletter arrived yesterday with some fresh book review options:- I succumbed to "The Hour I First Believed" by Wally Lamb. A mandatory review will follow soon.

Meanwhile I am deep into the Lorentz force, cyclotron radiation and magnetic bottles for SMT359 revision + plus continuing client relationship management activities for my consultancy work.

Still found time to get to Tesco this morning, rejecting for the time being my brother's eulogy to Lidl's...