Saturday, January 14, 2017

The long road to Go

Some people fill their dead time with shoot-'em-ups on their phones or tablets.

Boring.

I'm not interested in chess, but the game of Go has vaguely intrigued me. A brief search led me to the British Go Association and their recommended starter Android app, 'GOdroid'.


GOdroid screen shots

This app is for complete beginners, played on a 9x9 board on my Nexus 10.
I lost the first game.

I lost the second game more comprehensively.
OK, so this is not as easy as it appears. Time for some assistance. I turn to Amazon.

Amazon link

The book arrived this morning and looks promising.

---

No jokes please. I just wrote a post about building an AI system to play noughts and crosses. I am not planning to take on AlphaGo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Keep it polite and no gratuitous links to your business website - we're not a billboard here.