Sunday, March 19, 2017

Readings to Clare

I assume some people liked my audio recording of "The Mote in God's Eye"?

There's a new tab on the right: 'Readings to Clare'.

Here's the directory:



The books marked +....-abandoned I didn't finish. They didn't work for one reason or another as books to be read aloud to Clare. You get the earliest chapters, but then .. abandoned.

  • Game of Thrones is good. I abandoned the sequel, as the action began to slow down in the middle of the second volume. We saw the TV series instead.

  • The Patrick Lee books are uniformly excellent, but unfortunately I did not record the first book, 'The Breach', in the 'Breach' sequence. You'll have to get that for yourself.

  • There is one early chapter omitted in 'Conclave' (accident of uploading) but I summarise each chapter at the start of the next reading so it's not a show-stopper. Conclave is, in any case, excellent.

  • I was not especially impressed by Lee Child's book, nor Philip Kerr's.

  • Ursula Le Guin's Earthsea books are excellent and I will be reading the rest of the sequence in time.

  • I am currently reading 'Darkness at Noon' - that's in progress.

Here's Clare, about to go out yesterday.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Keep it polite and no gratuitous links to your business website - we're not a billboard here.