Wednesday, October 14, 2009

House sale: four weeks + Adrian returns

Four weeks into house selling and we have received one offer from seven distinct viewings (which we turned down). We have had three repeat visits making ten viewing events in all. The market is still crawling around on the bottom without too activity. We're hanging in there and thankful that we have no pressing deadline to sell.

Adrian arrived back this morning after a thirty hour flight from Christchurch, New Zealand via Singapore. In about a month's time he'll be off to Canada (Sun Peaks) for the winter season as ski & snowboarding instructor. He's looking remarkably fit and awake as I write this.

I've pretty much completed my revision for the SM358 QM exam this Friday. Horrible to relate, I'm still finding pretty obvious things which puzzled me - example: energy levels of the helium atom ignoring electron-electron repulsion. Easy once you check back in the book.