Monday, March 08, 2010

Alice in 3D

It was Clare's last night as a resident of Reading so Alex and myself decided to celebrate by taking her to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D.


Think Avatar without James Cameron's passion. The effects are great and the time passes quite pleasantly although there were two occasions when my belief unsuspended and I found myself checking the watch. The best character is the Red Queen played by Helena Bonham-Carter in a simulation of Miranda Richardson's Queenie in Blackadder (see below, what do you think?).



Aferwards we had Pizza and Italian beer in a very quiet Reading town centre.
_____

As I came home from work this evening the cat, abandoned since Clare left for Bristol at 1 p.m. today, did his usual black fuzzy explosion of shrieking delight that he had company again. He shows his pleasure by nipping although to be fair it could be hunger.

Tomorrow while I'm writing design documents in Bracknell Clare will be showing the men where to put stuff, supervising reassembly and starting to open upwards of forty boxes ...