Saturday, February 19, 2011

Bullying? Here?

Just looking through my folder of old pictures ...


It's not so much the oddity of this sign in the washroom, it's the implied problem.
___

I have now completed my reviews of the books sciencefiction.com sent me (The Lost Gate by Orson Scott Card and Deep State by Walter Jon Williams). Neither has appeared on the site yet, I guess they are spacing their reviews out.

In the meantime I bought a couple of books by Milan Kundera which I've been meaning to read for decades: The Joke and The Book of Laughter and Forgetting. Just to get in the mood I've begun The Brothers Karamazov (Dostoyevsky) which I won't be finishing anytime soon (I can barely lift it ... the phrase 'great Russian novel' didn't exactly come from nowhere).

Brian Greene's earlier book The Fabric of the Cosmos is also on the 'to be read' list so it's not like I'm gazing around and twiddling extremities in boredom or anything.